Tuesday, August 13, 2013

China...What China?

Sarah @ Sarah Quilts is hosting a link party to show off our fabric stashes and I'm sneaking in before the deadline.  Here is my lovely China cabinet filled with beautiful China place-settings fabric!  We use to display our China, but found it a bit impractical since this room also acts as my sewing room 364 days out of the year.  I would rather be looking at all the great fabrics I have instead of dishes we've used 3 times in our 8 years of marriage.  (I wish someone would have truly taken the time to tell me the realities of China when I was engaged and registering...oh, well.)


On the right side of the cabinet, I have all the fabric collections and precuts that will someday turn into quilts.  I also store the rotary templates here as well.

The left side has all my individual fabrics sorted by colors.  To say that my husband does not understand my infatuation with fabric is an understatement.  :)


Here is my scrap box that has been faithfully collecting fabric for 3 years that will one day be turned into a fun scrappy quilt.  I'm to a point where I'm going to start sorting through this box and cutting 2 1/2 inch squares to start my scrappy quilt pieces.  Based on the design I have in mind, I need 936 squares, so I might as well get the ball rolling.


Here is my fabric stash.  You still have time to share your stashes and link up!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for sharing!!

    Your fabric looks way better in there than china would. :)

    I sew in my dining room too. I used to put everything away periodically but since I got my new machine (several months ago now) I never want to move it!

    You have a very nice stash. I'm excited to see what happens to your 2.5 inch squares! I've been thinking about what do to with my scraps... Still have a bit of collecting to do I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. husbands never understand fabric infatuation! Love the peek at your stash, Janet!

    :) Kelly @ my Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stash, and I don't even have the china. The fabric displays better anyway. :) Husbands don't understand. Mine just accepts it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a word on china, use it. A friend of mine kept her special china in a cabinet, had a fire, house burned down, lost all the special china! I would rather break a few pieces than not have it at all. Fabric looks MUCH better in a china cabinet lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...